The below terms and conditions apply to our event hire clients only and are deemed accepted at time of booking.
- The ‘Company’ is Pink Caviar Projects Pty Ltd trading as Pink Caviar Events (ABN 50 166 515 751).
- The ‘Customer refers to any individual, firm, or corporation hiring Equipment or appoints services from the ‘Company’.
- The ‘Equipment’ refers to all centrepieces, furniture, decor, linens, lighting accessories and other hire items supplied to the ‘Customer’.
- The ‘Hire Date’ or ‘Event Date’ is the day of the event (supplied by the Customer to the Company).
- The ‘Hire Fee’ and ‘Fee’ is the amount paid to the Company to hire equipment.
- The ‘Hire Period’ is the period in which the Equipment is hired by the Customer as specified in the agreement, commencing on the delivery of the Equipment to the Site and expiring on the collection/ return date as stated in the agreement.
- ‘Payment Date’ is the date on which payment of services is required.
- ‘Site’ is the location where the Equipment will be used, or the Event will take place.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Equipment hiring is done on a first-to-book basis and is subject to availability. To secure the Equipment for your booking, a 50% deposit must be paid by the due date. Should this not occur by the due date, the Company has the right to hire any Equipment from another Customer. This is a hiring agreement only and does not constitute or give rise to any equipment sale to the Customer. Pink Caviar Events is the sole exclusive owner of the Equipment.
Unless otherwise stated in writing, the Company’s quotation will be valid for a period of seven (7) days from the date of issue. Booking requests made within seven (7) days of the hire date are subject to written confirmation and availability and require immediate full payment by credit card or cash.
On payment of the Hire without the Customer’s written confirmation, it shall be deemed that the Customer agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions of Hire. The Hire Period will begin from the commencement date specified by the Company and shall be collected by the date specified by the Company. Any extension of the hire period needs to be agreed to by the Company and may incur additional fees.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT TERMS
The Customer will pay the Company on the Payment Date as stated in the agreement. A non-refundable deposit of 50% (of the total booking amount, including GST, delivery fees and/or required setup and collection) is required at the time of the booking. The balance payment shall be paid fourteen (14) days before the Hire Date.
Payments can be made in cash, direct deposit into the company’s bank account (BSB 082-356 / Acc 401414378/ Name Pink Caviar Projects Pty Ltd) or by Credit Card via our secure online portal by the due date specified. Please note that all credit cards will incur a 1.9% surcharge (Visa and Mastercard only). Should the final payment not be made fourteen (14) days before the Hire Date, the company reserves the right to cancel the booking and no longer supply any Equipment to the Customer. The deposit will not be returned should this occur.
MINIMUM HIRE FEE
The minimum hire fee for any event is $750, excluding any delivery, pick-up and GST fee. Unfortunately, we do not offer a DIY or dry hire option for collections/setups.
The Customer may cancel an order at any time by giving the company written notice to email@example.com. No cancellation by the Customer is valid unless it has been acknowledged in writing by the Company. Please note that the following cancellation fees will occur:
- Cancellation more than 30 days prior to the event – Loss of deposit (+ any personalised products ordered)
- Cancelled 30 to 15 days prior to the event – 50% of the total booking cost
- Cancelled 14 days prior to the event – 100% of the total booking cost
Cancellations of bookings/events due to weather shall still be subject to the cancellation policy above. The Company is in no way responsible for inclement weather that may cause the Customer to cancel their hire booking.
Pink Caviar Events carry public liability insurance to the value of $20,000,000. However, we recommend that separate “event” insurance be considered to cover such eventualities as inclement weather, theft, equipment failure and any other unforeseen incidents.
Depending on your event, a cash bond may be required as a security bond. It is held in the case of any damages, breakages, theft or missing Equipment. Any damaged, missing and/or very unclean items will be charged at full replacement cost and/or cleaning cost, which will be deducted from the Customer’s bond. General linen dry cleaning is included in the Hire Fee paid by the Customer.
A minimum security bond of $500 is payable in the event of all “next day” pick-ups. The Company reserves the right to request an additional security bond to cover high-value Equipment. Individual booking requirements will determine the amount. If a pre-paid Bond is required, the Company will return this to the Customer within seven (7) days of the end of the Hire Period by EFT.
USE OF EQUIPMENT
All Equipment supplied on hire is the property of the Company and remains so until it is returned to the Company. The Customer will be responsible for the Equipment until the Company collects it and warrants that the Equipment will be returned in good working order. The Company makes no representation as to the suitability of the Equipment for a need or event, and it is the Customer’s responsibility to make that judgment on their behalf.
SITE APPROVAL AND ACCESS
The Customer shall be responsible for giving any local or other authorities any necessary notice of their intention to erect the Equipment or to have Equipment erected and shall pay all fees in connection. All permits will be the responsibility of the Customer.
The Customer shall solely be responsible for ensuring that the site is cleared and ready for the delivery and set up of the Hire Equipment. The Customer must also consider access to the site suitable, and egress from the site is adequate to suit the mode of delivery or pick up. The Company must be notified if the Site has difficult access like stairs, steep driveways, parking problems or height restrictions. The Customer will be liable for any fees that apply for any additional crew/time taken to deliver and set up the Hire Equipment.
Parking arrangements must be made to allow our vehicle and team to set up and pack down your event. Should parking fees be incurred by our staff, these charges will be passed onto the Customer.
DELIVERY, SET-UP & COLLECTION
A fee will be charged to the Customer to allow the Company to return to the Site to collect the Equipment pending when the collection is required. Our ordinary ordinary hours for delivery and pick up is 8am to 7pm Monday to Saturday. If required to be outside these times there will be a labour surcharge.
A site contact must be available during the delivery time frame to receive the delivery of the Hire Equipment. The Customer will be charged a fee for the delivery and set up of the Hire Equipment. This fee will vary depending on the distance travelled, the amount of Equipment hired, and the setup/ installation time required. The Customer will be advised of the fee at the time of quotation once all Equipment has been decided upon. This fee may be subject to change should the Customer change the amount of Equipment hired. Delivery will be made to the Ground level unless organised prior with the Company.
Where specified, due to seasonal availability, specific flowers and arrangements pictured on this website may vary slightly in design or appearance to what is delivered. As flowers are a natural product and subject to seasonal and practical availability, it may be necessary for our Florists to make substitutions to flowers. In the case where a specific flower type or colour is unavailable, substitutions may be made for flowers of a similar shape, size and value. Different flower types and colours may be used if the overall effect of the arrangement is maintained.
Should Pink Caviar staff be made to wait more than 15 minutes at the time of delivery or pick up, waiting time charges will commence and will be charged to the Customer. Time will be charged at $75+GST per 1/2 hour (charged in 15-minute increments).
SECURITY AND SAFETY
If the Equipment is stolen from the Site, the Customer shall notify the Company in writing, stating the full circumstances of the theft and the time the police were notified. A copy of the police report must be included for insurance purposes. Until the Company receives such notification, the hiring charges will continue. The Customer shall also indemnify the Company for any such loss of the Equipment at the current replacement cost of the Equipment and must pay that cost to the Company on demand. In addition, the Customer must ensure adequate lighting, waterproofing, safe power supply, public protection, covering of power lines and such facilities as might be considered necessary for the facility or in the interests of safety.
If, after the commencement of hire by the Company, any specification changes are requested, the cost of such changes will be borne by the Customer.
MISUSE OF EQUIPMENT
The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damages arising from the overloading, exceeding rated capacity, misuse, or abuse of the Equipment by the Customer. The Customer agrees to keep the Company indemnified in respect thereof. Any Equipment used outside is done so entirely at the Customer’s risk. Under no circumstances should the Equipment be used or left outside in the rain or other damaging weather.
Applies for event hires longer than twenty-four (24) hours and can be in the form of a daily or weekly fee. The Customer shall give appropriate notice in writing to the Company if any extension or termination of the hire is requested. No refunds will be issued for the early collection of Equipment on extended hire.
DAMAGE, LOST, STOLEN OR UNCLEAN EQUIPMENT
Upon delivery and set up of the Equipment and until the collection of the Equipment, the Customer has full responsibility for all Equipment hired. The Customer will pay either the repair or the full replacement cost of any Equipment badly damaged, lost or stolen. The Company will decide if any damaged/lost/stolen equipment can be repaired or require replacement. Burns, holes, tears, water/wax damage or similar damage to Equipment shall be replaced at the full cost to the Customer. The Customer shall make such payment within seven (7) days of such loss or damage coming to the attention of the Company.
- For linens, tablecloths, napkins, chair covers etc., the cost of general dry cleaning is included and, therefore, not the Customer’s responsibility.
- For glassware, crockery, platters, and cutlery, the Customer will be responsible for cleaning the Equipment per the instructions given at the time of hire. For any Equipment returned unclean, the Customer shall pay the company the full cost of returning the Equipment to a clean condition.
- Coloured metal cutlery should be hand-washed only. It must not be left soaking in water, run through a dishwasher, or cleaned with harsh cleaning chemicals/ scrubbers. All cutlery must be thoroughly dried before packing.
The Customer shall protect the Equipment from the elements during the hire. In poor weather conditions, storage of the Equipment may be necessary, and it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the Equipment is stored safely. Any Equipment damaged from the weather is the Customer’s responsibility and shall be paid at full replacement cost to the Company.
The Company’s Equipment shall be delivered and set up in a clean and well-maintained condition. It is the Customers responsibility to notify the Company should the Equipment not be in a satisfactory condition within one (1) hour of set-up completion. Otherwise, any damage or uncleanliness of Equipment shall be deemed the Customers accountability.
Replacement values can be found here.
PHOTO RELEASE/ PERMISSIONS
The Company reserves the right to use any images and/or video files of events for promotional reasons in the media, on our social media channels, in printed publications, on the World Wide Web, or its websites without prior permission from the Customer.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Company shall not be held responsible or accountable for any injury, death or loss of income caused to the Customer, any third parties or properties due to the hire of Equipment or provided services by the Company. The liability of the Company is limited as follows:
- The Company is not liable to the Customer for any loss or damage that the Customer might sustain due to the Customer ordering the wrong Equipment or insufficient quantities of the Equipment or where the Equipment is hired for a purpose outside of the Equipment’s purpose.
- The Company will have no liability to the Customer if it is the Customer’s responsibility to prepare the Site for the delivery and installation of the Equipment or where it is the Customer’s responsibility to provide the facilities. For example, at the time of delivery of the Equipment to the Site, the Site is not prepared, or the facilities are not available.
- The Company has no liability to the Customer for any damage or loss which the Customer might sustain where the cause of that damage or loss is the negligence of the Customer or any of its agents.
- The Company is not liable for failure to perform if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disasters), war, invasion, an act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.
Where it is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that the Site is safe, then the Customer indemnifies the Company against any liability to any third party who suffers injury, loss, or damage caused wholly or partly as a consequence of any negligent act, omission or other failures on the part of the Customer.
These terms will be governed and constructed according to the laws of the state of NSW. Each party submits to the jurisdiction of that state’s Courts to determine any dispute claim or demand arising from these Terms and Conditions of Hire.
The information provided on this website is for general information purposes and use only. Every endeavour is made to keep the product information complete and correct; however, the customer is responsible for ensuring the product they select is suitable for their specific requirements.
Despite every effort to provide accurate images of each product’s colour and design, actual colours and design may vary slightly due to different device screen settings, the lighting in the installation location, slight differences in product finishes over time and other factors.
As events are an ever-changing environment, there are times when layouts do not always go to plan. The Customer allows the Company to use their discretion to relocate and/or remove items to ensure the safety of all involved (i.e move furniture to ensure a fire exit is not blocked).
The Customer acknowledges that they have read and understood the above Standard Terms and Conditions of Hire.