Congratulations, your company has just hit/or is about to hit a milestone and it’s important to celebrate the achievement! There are a lot of reasons to celebrate these company milestones. For whatever reason, you should celebrate the milestone and recognise the event.
How To Plan And Celebrate Company Milestones
Occasions worth celebrating can include such milestones as the anniversary of the company start date, breaking all-time sales records or reaching a certain goal like the number of clients per quarter. Here are a few key things to consider:
- Identify the desired outcome from the celebration. Decide if it is purely celebratory or if you want to use the event to push to reach new company milestones, set new goals or raise awareness about your company.
- Decide if the milestone celebration is an internal event or will also include the community or other outside people. An example of community involvement is a special anniversary sale or a ceremony honouring the record-breaking salespeople in front of community leaders.
- Schedule the celebratory event. Decide if it is a single celebration at a specific time or an ongoing celebration, such as a special sale or a section of the company website dedicated to the milestone.
- Create a visual aid to make the celebration more meaningful. Ideas include a printed program, a montage video highlighting the milestone or models that represent the milestone, such as a replica of a groundbreaking product.
- Include components that reward or motivate employees to encourage continued effort. Ideas include gifts for key employees related to the milestone, verbal recognition, refreshments and challenges to push employees to continue striving for new company milestones.
- Ask for employee involvement in the celebration. Consider creating a planning committee to allow employees to help with the preparation for the event. Sharing stories or describing the activities leading up to the company milestone are other examples.
- Publicise the company event even after it occurs so it doubles as a marketing tool. Create a company motto or phrase that ties in with the celebration to use in marketing. Invite the media to attend or write an article about the event.
Are you about to celebrate a company milestone? What did you celebrate and how? Join the discussion below and let us know 🙂